Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, RUBY!


Happy 2nd Birthday to my incredible, beautiful, HILARIOUS, super fun niece, Ruby Joy Gabriel.

Here's a look back to my time with her ONE YEAR AGO to her first birthday to now, this cracks-me-up toddler who I can't get enough of!

When I'm with Ruby, I forget all about my stupid little "shoulds" and "ought to bes". She doesn't care if I gain five (or ten) pounds, if I made a mistake at work, tripped on the sidewalk/flashed an entire subway station - just as long as I set up those monsters quick enough! :) She's so awesome and incredible as she is, that it helps give me courage to just be...whoever I am. I know, I know, I'm getting inspiration and strength from a two-year-old? But whatever - she's wise.

My wish for her is that she continues to grow into the amazing, incredible girl she is.  The girl that LOVES being around other kids and will crash a birthday party to join in the fun (seriously, the girl makes friends wherever she goes!). I know, this sounds like a dumb wish (duh, of course she'll continue to grow, Mia...), but listen! Being 2, the "shoulds" and "ought to bes" haven't gotten to her yet - and I hope that she's always able to be her authentic, genuine self whatever and whomever that is. Crashing birthday parties and all.

 I'll crash these birthday parties with you, Ruby! I will always be here to support you, to play with you, to love you and I'll always have gum.

I love you, Ruby! Here's to the next year's adventures of Ruby and Mee-ah!

1 comment:

  1. This is the most beautiful blog post. You are an amazing writer, and an amazing woman for Ruby to look up to. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete