Tuesday, April 30, 2013

11 hour work day

Well, today was the start of my internship and wow was it long. But awesome!

We had to be at the office this morning at 9:30am, went through orientation and how some things work and started on some tasks. The people that we work with are really really sweet and nice and smart and great with people. They took us to lunch today at this great little French restaurant nearby. We met the director of the office that afternoon, and it's pretty obvious why he is great at his job - he's incredibly friendly and could make connections with anyone about anything. Super.cool. Work finished up at 5pm and the public affairs missionary couple was picking me and Chelsea (my partner/intern-in-crime) at 5:30 to go to an event at the UN that featured the Polynesian Cultural Center dancers from Hawaii. There was really great food, leis and lots of standing in heels. Man. I am not cut out to be this type of business woman. My feet were screaming by the end of the show - 8:30pm. Check it - 11 hours of my heels. I couldn't WAIT to get outside and switch to my flip flops for my subway ride home.

I can already tell these next eight weeks will challenge me, help me grow and improve in my PR career and overall be an extremely rewarding experience!

Here are some photos from the event!







4 comments:

  1. A long day, but you look great!!! You should have said "my dogs were barking" about your shoes and feet! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I haven't been to your blog before! Seriously, you might be one of the most fantastic people I know. I so admire everything you're doing. I wish you SO much luck, and I am definitely checking in on this blog ALL the time!! Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an adventure! Plus, your outfit is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic!!! I am so proud of you! I know you're doing great, and that this is just the start of so many wonderful adventures in your NYC life!

    ReplyDelete